Its been a while since my latest blog post, I spend this year renovating my new house and office. I also became more and more frustrated by the slow speed of Flash for my experiments, so I started learning C++ and OpenGL. Which is coming along fine now. I made a C++-OpenGL Kinect installation for a client, made an IPad app in C++ and OpenGL ES2 etc.
It uses derivatives in the shader, which is an optional extension in the WebGL specifications, and as far is I can see, its only supported by Chrome at the moment. If you have the HTML5 audio API enabled, it reacts to the music (very basic, just some speed adjustments).
To get some anti-alias, I render it first in a frame buffer object 9 times the window size (width*3, height*3). So, no complaints about the WebGL speed… for now…